Within Buckland & Taylor, we have accumulated know-how concerning construction and erection methods which have been used for bridge construction and deconstruction around the world.
The right combination of methods is one of the main keys to a successful bridge project. Buckland & Taylor provides the following services on a regular basis for all types of bridges:
- Analysis of all construction stages - stresses, deflections, acceptance by owner
- Assistance in developing optimum erection schemes;
- Design of temporary equipment;
- Pre-bid assistance;
- Value engineering redesign;
- Special in-house erection software with quick-to-read graphical output;
- On-site monitoring during construction; and
- Experience of erection by heavy lift, high-line, floating, erection gantry, launching, form traveler as well as specialized methods.
Bridge demolition is a complicated and precise technique. Buckland & Taylor has provided demolition engineering services for numerous bridges of all sizes and types, such as:
- Review of geometry and framing of existing bridge;
- Establish splice locations for the deck and other areas;
- Calculate approximate piece weights;
- Prepare sketches for procedure for removal;
- Establish a feasibility procedure;
- Establish life capacities for remaining structures; and
- Prepare a preliminary design for props and bracing if dismantling is required.